Friday, October 14, 2011

uncle freddie has a nose for news

uncle freddie, against my recommendation dispatched himself to find some interesting material this week, apparently his masseuse was on vacation, and he was feeling bored.  to wit: 

"It's something that brings out the worst element in some people, and it's focused on people who are the most vulnerable"

The little person credited with bringing the sport to Florida died of acute alcohol poisoning in 1989.

"I would never force anybody to take this form of employment or pay to watch it. I think it's repulsive and stupid"

"The possibility of getting paralyzed is high, and then to be used as an object for people's amusement is very degrading."

these are just some of the highlights.  what would be so controversial and create such vehement opinions, you ask?

why dwarf tossing, or more politically correct, and 21st century, shall we imply, "little people wrestling" ?? no. dwarf tossing sounds better.

a lawmaker in florida wants to repeal the ban on throwing little people around the wrestling ring, to improve the unemployment rate...  yes, stranger things have been repealed.

this is a Dwarf


here's the link: http://www.dougstephan.com/blog?action=viewBlog&blogID=595465554578464602

 Little People Should be Allowed to Degrade Themselves


and this link has a video clip that was seen on Jimmy Kimmel http://www.opposingviews.com/i/money/jobs-and-careers/rich-workman-why-i-want-dwarf-tossing-legal-florida


now that's not all the important news this week. a man was threatening to leap to his death and in negotiating with the police demanded an order of french fries.  not even uncle freddie could make this up ... and after meeting his demands, the police allowed him to escape!

Police Assure Us The Guy Was on This Antenna


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8825452/Pylon-fugitive-demands-takeaway-but-then-makes-getaway.html

uncle freddie threatened to visit me and stay the weekend if i didn't post these two stories.  he said they were vital to the experiment we call civilisation.

i've spared myself the trauma.

3 comments:

  1. A local woman recently called 911 and ordered a Big Mac and large fries to be delivered to her because she was too wasted to go out and get them. When the police showed up empty-handed the woman got belligerent then ran into her aparment shedding her clothes along the way, hopped into bed, and refused to budge or put on clothes. She went to the hoosegow naked and hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAmmY! I miss you!!!! Send me an email!! Will ya?? U don't miss me?? I'll be back & I'm gonna need my # 1 tweetheart! I see uncle freddie is up to his shananagans!! LOL!! Love u sam!! Don't forget me!!love ya!! Raeanne..aka falloutgrrl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Uncle Freddie's reporting skills. He comes across the most interesting things.

    I suppose people have the right to do degrading things, but I'm most uncomfortable with the idea of a Dwarf Toss. Sort of like a Jerry Springer event for little people.

    Thanks for bringing us the scoop, Sam.

    ReplyDelete